Saturday, May 21, 2011

Return to the Blogosphere


At long last, I am posting.  It's been about six months since my last post and so many things have happened that I wish I could share them all with you through a fun & quirky video montage. Unfortunately, I didn't make a video.  I have pictures, but no cute video.

The biggest news I'd like to share with everyone is that I have resigned from my day job at an incredible and loving accounting firm to pursue my passion for baking!  I would not have guessed three years ago that this is something I would be doing, but I am excited nonetheless and can't wait to enter pastry school on July 5th.  [I am secretly cringing at the thought that I may be the oldest person there, even though I wouldn't quite consider myself old just yet]  The other great part about going to pastry school (and baking up a storm) is moving to Austin, Texas!  I absolutely love Austin.  It's weird.  It has great vintage stores I can peruse before class.  It's a smorgasbord of fun & creative people.  And it makes my boyfriend happy.

So, I deeply apologize for being absent the last six months.  I did not die, I was not taken hostage by a maniacally deranged cupcake eater who forced me to make endless batches of red-velvet cupcakes, and I was not on a secluded island off the Pacific Coast without internet access (though I did spend many hours watching episodes of Lost).

I am back.  Hope you're ready!


{photo by Alicia Bock}

1 comment:

Eileen said...

AND it's closer to San Antonio so we will get to see ya'll more! YAY!! We really miss ya'll!