Thursday, November 10, 2011

Stock Up: Dinnerware for the Holidays

Since the holidays are just around the corner, it's time to dust off your China and get it ready for entertaining.  Of course, if you are anything like me then you are perusing the internet to find new dinnerware right now.  I think all together I have about 8 dinnerware sets - ridiculous, I know - but I just can't help myself.  Every year new patterns are released and I feel as if I need to update my kitchen just as I would my closet.  I started to feel bad about my collection, but then I visited my future mother-in-law's house and she had more dinnerware sets than I could possibly count on two hands!  So, if you happen to be in the market for dinnerware, here are 4 amazing sets to ponder.


This set by Kelly Wearstler for Pickard is so chic.  I'm not even a huge fan of gold, but this set makes me want to put on a cocktail dress and invite all of my friends over for a fancy feast.  The lines are modern, but not harsh and the gold colors make it feel feminine.  Love it.





You can never go wrong with something this simple.  Although the shapes aren't groundbreaking or special, the color keeps it feeling modern and encourages you to showcase your food rather than your shopping sensibilities.  And, it's Vera Wang.





How fun are these?!  Missoni is a master at mixing patterns and colors, and this dinnerware set is no exception.  It's incredibly whimsical, feminine and modern.  Although hot pink isn't for everyone, it would make for a stylish table setting.





Every woman has that one outfit that makes her feel flirtatious and feminine.  This dinnerware set is just like that - the scallops feel so girly but the mint color keeps it fun and different.  You have to love Anthropologie and their selection of oh-so-pretty finds.


No comments: