Friday, April 5, 2013

Home Design Idea Do or Don't: Art & Photo Walls



 






Art and photo walls are super popular these days - I myself have two, one in our dining room and another in our hallway.  Because of the huge walls in our apartment, it felt necessary to add a large collection of photos and artwork on one wall but I started to feel as if it was becoming redundant.  As a result, I decided to find larger pieces of artwork to fill up our other walls in order to keep it from feeling too busy.

The element of surprise is rare in home design - how often do you walk into someone's house and think, Wow, I would never have thought of that?  Sure, we may be in awe of others' homes because of size or that amazing sofa they have, but not surprised.  So, I loved the idea of a photo wall in the bathroom because it's unexpected and makes the room feel more like a continuation of the rest of the home.  What do you think - would you do a photo wall in the shape of a heart or fill the living room walls completely with Polaroids?


{Picture Sources, top to bottom: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight}


No comments: