Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Affordable DIY Art: Framing Dish Towels





I love using random things for artwork and mixing them in with "real" art and photographs, especially since there are some amazing graphic artists out there.  Plus, it keeps me from breaking the bank as a result of purchasing multiple pieces of art.  

Lately, I've been obsessed with framing dish towels like the one I found above at Crate & Barrel for $6!  The frame is from Ikea and cost only $25 which brought my total cost to $31!  It's a total steal and you would be surprised on how many compliments I get over this piece.  No one usually guesses it's a framed towel, but it definitely is.  Honestly, it's become one of my favorite pieces in my apartment since it adds such a great pop of color to my white walls.

This one from Crate & Barrel would also be great to frame for a kitchen as well as these two (one & two) from Anthropologie. 



No comments: