Wednesday, March 6, 2013

DIY Project: Yarn Lamp Shade

What you'll need...




What you'll do...



1. Tie first color of yarn around inside of lamp, knotting once for slackers or twice for comfort & security.

2. Wrap yarn around the shade creating random angles & triangles, doubling up your lines, tripling or creating a symmetrical pattern - I had no rhyme or reason for my lines and just went with my gut.  Finish by tying a knot at one of the three bars just the same as you did when beginning.

3. Repeat process with the second & third colors of yarn, wrapping around as many as you'd like or as little. 

And voila! You are done with your lamp shade.  Here was my final product.




I was very nervous when I began but it's a very easy-going project that requires little effort & time with a fun end-product.  Plus, I don't believe there's any way you could possibly screw up.  (FYI, the base was $20 at Target so my whole project cost $40!  Far cheaper than  a similar one I saw in a catalog for $130.)

What do you think - fabulous or a flop?  Would you try this at home?


No comments: