Friday, March 15, 2013

Happy Weekend



It is a beautiful day today and I am so happy to be enjoying it outside reading books and planning new projects.  Of course, I've spent most of my free week under the weather (catching up on Season 2 of Girls) or working on my re-upholstery project.  Of the three chairs, one is completely done and I am about 80% happy with it.  Mainly, I have a few more things to learn when it comes to attaching the cording and my paint job on one of the chairs could definitely use some work.  It's been fun, rewarding, and educating so I'm glad that this week has stretched me ability-wise.

I am also really looking forward to enjoying some quality time with my boyfriend this weekend.  We are planning on making a big meal tomorrow, cuddling on the sofa with some movies and will most assuredly be avoiding the SXSW craziness that is occurring around town.  What are your plans for the weekend?  I hope it's lovely and please enjoy these links from around the web...

article on changing careers

lena dunham

sexy heels

arianna huffington on burning out at work

adorable play kitchen

pretty cookware

I totally agree (with her dutch oven rant).

good advice for desk jobs

my current purse crush

whoa, pyrex, I heart you.

the First Lady's best looks

a great (and extremely affordable) Spring skirt


{picture via here}

2 comments:

audrey said...

Love reading your posts. Keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

Thanks Audrey! I really appreciate your love & support. xoxo