Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Do you know when to wash your clothes?


I thought I did, but the last two issues of Real Simple I received in the mail, both had articles titled "Do You Wash Your Clothes Too Often" and the overwhelming answer for me, was yes.  Yes, I do and I am not afraid to admit it.  Apparently, I way over wash them too.

For instance, skirts.  I thought 2 wears more than qualified as dirty but according to Real Simple, you can wear skirts 4 -5 times before chucking them in the washer.  Sweatshirts I washed every 2 -3 wears, depending on whether or not I was just lounging around in them after work during winter, but Real Simple says every 6 - 7 wears.  It's a good thing they agreed with me on swimsuits (after every wear), or I would have assumed the good people at Real Simple were a smelly bunch.

How do you fare with Real Simple?


Photos courtesy of Real Simple

No comments: